One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of infectious agents or other harmful biological or biochemical substances as weapons of terrorism.
- ‘A powerful defense against bioterrorism is accurate and timely information for physicians and patients.’
- ‘Conference topics include the latest in cardiovascular surgery, bioterrorism, and patient safety.’
- ‘And you can imagine being accused of a crime like this when you're in such a sensitive field like bioterrorism.’
- ‘The presentation addresses the family physician's role in recognizing and responding to bioterrorism.’
- ‘If anything, he's surprised that so far we've had so little bioterrorism, even in the form of hoaxes.’
- ‘Increased public awareness in part due to terrorist attacks and bioterrorism threats has also proven beneficial.’
- ‘But, in the aftermath of that date, we have had to acknowledge the possibility of an even more frightening threat: bioterrorism.’
- ‘Is the anthrax scare merely a copycat crime, or is bioterrorism the next step in some larger coordinated offensive?’
- ‘The plague's reputation has been further reinforced by discussion of its potential use as an agent of bioterrorism.’
- ‘The other odd thing about the lack of preparation for the avian flu is the larger effort being made to protect against bioterrorism.’
- ‘Every level of laboratory has access to specific protocols for each category of biologic agent that may be used for bioterrorism.’
- ‘English said clinical specimens of bioterrorism need to be treated as criminal specimens.’
- ‘Part of helping the public health system contend with the threat of bioterrorism is having reliable research available.’
- ‘Anthrax has been developed by some countries as a possible biological weapon, but Brogan said there was no indication the illness was related to bioterrorism.’
- ‘I thought it was going to be about bioterrorism.’
- ‘It can be difficult to differentiate from bioterrorism, rapidly spreading infection or acute toxic exposure.’
- ‘In fact, government regulations now address bioterrorism specifically as it relates to food production.’
- ‘He has been a frequent speaker and lecturer on the subject of bioterrorism and chemical and biological warfare.’
- ‘As an agent of bioterrorism, the method of exposure to botulism would be through food consumption or inhalation.’
- ‘The enemy fighting a robust military like we have wants to use asymmetrical factors, for instance, bioterrorism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.