One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes, especially the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc.
- ‘India has very good research groups and industries are coming in to invest in biotechnology.’
- ‘The use of enzymes to tenderize meat sounds like a product of modern biotechnology, but is an ancient technique.’
- ‘Since then he has worked in a variety of areas ranging from mechanical engineering, biotechnology and materials.’
- ‘Doesn't this new product prove that biotechnology can be used for good purposes?’
- ‘The money is to be given to projects ranging from biotechnology and semiconductors to the creative industries and oil and gas.’
- ‘In the case of biotechnology, markets had to emerge to justify the products.’
- ‘None of the supposed problems raised in the biotech debate were either substantial or specific to biotechnology.’
- ‘The rapid evolution of biotechnology often outpaces our ability to question the progress.’
- ‘The same can be said about a new survey of attitudes to biotechnology and genetically modified foods.’
- ‘All new industries have growing pains but few face the challenges of biotechnology.’
- ‘As you can see, biotechnology is a growth industry no student can afford to ignore.’
- ‘It lays at the bottom of a great deal of the general disquiet regarding the age of biotechnology.’
- ‘Out of the knowledge acquired by modern biology, modern biotechnology is growing.’
- ‘Fundamental to his belief is tremendous growth potential for biotechnology.’
- ‘Advances in biotechnology and genetic engineering are making it easier to manufacture and handle other agents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.