One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes, especially the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc.
- ‘Advances in biotechnology and genetic engineering are making it easier to manufacture and handle other agents.’
- ‘The money is to be given to projects ranging from biotechnology and semiconductors to the creative industries and oil and gas.’
- ‘The rapid evolution of biotechnology often outpaces our ability to question the progress.’
- ‘Doesn't this new product prove that biotechnology can be used for good purposes?’
- ‘Fundamental to his belief is tremendous growth potential for biotechnology.’
- ‘The use of enzymes to tenderize meat sounds like a product of modern biotechnology, but is an ancient technique.’
- ‘It lays at the bottom of a great deal of the general disquiet regarding the age of biotechnology.’
- ‘None of the supposed problems raised in the biotech debate were either substantial or specific to biotechnology.’
- ‘All new industries have growing pains but few face the challenges of biotechnology.’
- ‘As you can see, biotechnology is a growth industry no student can afford to ignore.’
- ‘The same can be said about a new survey of attitudes to biotechnology and genetically modified foods.’
- ‘Out of the knowledge acquired by modern biology, modern biotechnology is growing.’
- ‘Since then he has worked in a variety of areas ranging from mechanical engineering, biotechnology and materials.’
- ‘In the case of biotechnology, markets had to emerge to justify the products.’
- ‘India has very good research groups and industries are coming in to invest in biotechnology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.