One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With genetic engineering, biotechnologists take cells that were produced with normal reproduction methods and randomly insert foreign genetic material into them.’
- ‘Since mapping the human genome three years ago, biotechnologists have raced to understand how genes react with diet to determine why some people develop osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, even cancer.’
- ‘In the 1980s this was a pleasant seaside town where surfers, sailors and biotechnologists co-existed quite peacefully.’
- ‘But by then, the biotechnologists will probably be growing spare limbs in the laboratory.’
- ‘Russian biotechnologist Dr Slava Pavlovets founded Yorkshire Bioscience, in the York Science Park, earlier this year with the aim of developing kits to speed up the diagnosis of Sars and avian flu using DNA technology.’
- ‘Two of the factors that have encouraged biotechnologists to enter the genetically engineered food and plant arena are the desire of consumers for better tasting foods and a preference for products grown using fewer pesticides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.