Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This is the challenge facing the biosystematist in evaluating the degree of difference necessary to separate species.’
- ‘The critical players in the biosystematists were the interdisciplinary Carnegie team that included the Danish genecologist Jens Clausen, the taxonomist David Keck, and the physiologist William Hiesey.’
- ‘There is currently a shortage of taxonomists and biosystematists - experts who identify and describe species.’
- ‘There is a need for training of a biosystematist - options for form and location of training were discussed.’
- ‘The species of the biosystematist, for which it is convenient to use the term ecospecies, is defined in terms of gene - exchange.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.