Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] Taxonomy based on the study of the genetic evolution of plant and animal populations.
- ‘As such, biosystematics has everything to do with the future of every Namibian.’
- ‘We use a collection of XML documents that mimics the characteristics of biosystematics documents, as we will explain.’
- ‘Uncertainties in history, archeology, biogeography, anthropology and biosystematics obscure the dates and places of the first domestication of cultivated crops.’
- ‘In essence, it is biosystematics, the science that provides indispensable information to support many fields of research and beneficial applied programs.’
- ‘Niwa has active programmes in biosystematics - the crucial science of naming, classifying, and describing life that underpins all biodiversity studies.’
- ‘This programme increases knowledge and understanding of the biosystematics of both floras by improving description of their taxonomy and phylogenetic relationships.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.