Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular Taxonomy based on the study of the genetic evolution of plant and animal populations.
- ‘This programme increases knowledge and understanding of the biosystematics of both floras by improving description of their taxonomy and phylogenetic relationships.’
- ‘As such, biosystematics has everything to do with the future of every Namibian.’
- ‘Uncertainties in history, archeology, biogeography, anthropology and biosystematics obscure the dates and places of the first domestication of cultivated crops.’
- ‘Niwa has active programmes in biosystematics - the crucial science of naming, classifying, and describing life that underpins all biodiversity studies.’
- ‘In essence, it is biosystematics, the science that provides indispensable information to support many fields of research and beneficial applied programs.’
- ‘We use a collection of XML documents that mimics the characteristics of biosystematics documents, as we will explain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.