One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Therefore, it is not regarded as a direct major source of one-carbon units for biosynthetic reactions outside the mitochondria.’
- ‘The imported carbon is used as a substrate for biosynthetic pathways, for example, for the biosynthesis of starch or fatty acids.’
- ‘A number of biosynthetic and metabolic processes require co-operation of different organelles or compartments.’
- ‘Seeds are bulky organs with high metabolic and biosynthetic activity.’
- ‘Based on sequence similarity to known wax biosynthetic genes, mutants with potentially altered cuticle properties can be selected from this collection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.