One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The imported carbon is used as a substrate for biosynthetic pathways, for example, for the biosynthesis of starch or fatty acids.’
- ‘Based on sequence similarity to known wax biosynthetic genes, mutants with potentially altered cuticle properties can be selected from this collection.’
- ‘A number of biosynthetic and metabolic processes require co-operation of different organelles or compartments.’
- ‘Seeds are bulky organs with high metabolic and biosynthetic activity.’
- ‘Therefore, it is not regarded as a direct major source of one-carbon units for biosynthetic reactions outside the mitochondria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.