One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of complex molecules within living organisms or cells.
- ‘Mutants affected in cellulose biosynthesis have been identified in vascular plants.’
- ‘In this mutant, a protein is inactivated which plays a key role during the negative feedback control of chlorophyll biosynthesis.’
- ‘Floral senescence in many species is regulated by ethylene biosynthesis.’
- ‘Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.’
- ‘Metabolic pathways involved in starch biosynthesis are different between source and sink tissues.’
- ‘All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.’
- ‘However, fewer hormone biosynthesis or action mutants are known which exhibit greater than normal growth.’
- ‘Cysteine biosynthesis is modified by regulators acting at the site of uptake and throughout the plant system.’
- ‘Adequate measures were taken to protect the plants from biotic and abiotic stresses that may influence lignin biosynthesis.’
- ‘This is an essential metabolic reaction that precedes the sucrose biosynthesis in the cytosol.’
- ‘In vivo, the repression of genes involved in starch biosynthesis has been reported to block pollen development.’
- ‘This can only be realized if the rate of ethylene biosynthesis is regulated by submergence-induced signals.’
- ‘In the whole plant, multicellular compartmentation is required for alkaloid biosynthesis.’
- ‘Coordination of reproduction and yolk biosynthesis is achieved via the endocrine system.’
- ‘It should be mentioned that there is no evidence for disturbed chlorophyll biosynthesis in the mutant.’
- ‘However, enzymes for their biosynthesis are found in both cell types.’
- ‘In higher plants, the pathways of chlorophyll and haem biosynthesis are tightly regulated at an early step.’
- ‘The biochemistry of carotenoid biosynthesis has been well established.’
- ‘Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.’
- ‘In this pathway it is well known that biosynthesis is subject to both positive and negative feedback regulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.