One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of stratigraphy concerned with fossils and their use in dating rock formations.
- ‘This is the basic unit of biostratigraphy in which fossils are used in the correlation of rock units.’
- ‘It explains the facts of biodiversity, biostratigraphy, comparative anatomy, and so forth.’
- ‘We agree with Loydell that much of this testing will depend on the development of a more refined biostratigraphy and better correlations between sections worldwide, and we have common ground in working towards those ends.’
- ‘This is followed by a brief discussion of the methods for division of the stratigraphic record and geological time, with reviews of litho- and biostratigraphy, radiometric dating, magneto- and chemo-stratigraphy.’
- ‘The papers that follow concentrate on the integration of high-resolution geochemical records with detailed biostratigraphy.’
- ‘Since the presence of these cells would be tied directly to important geochemical events, they would make ideal organisms for biostratigraphy.’
- ‘The bulk of the collection is the result of research on biostratigraphy, taxonomy, and biology of protists and prokaryotes at U.C. Berkeley.’
- ‘These are also the areas in which the traditional use of invertebrate macrofossils in biostratigraphy and paleogeography offers the potential for resolving major geological debates.’
- ‘Other remarks pertinent to its biostratigraphy appear in various works.’
- ‘The new age for the Botany Bay Group provides an important tie point for Jurassic floras in the Southern Hemisphere that will allow a more robust biostratigraphy to be constructed.’
- ‘Keith Young published over 100 papers and contributed to numerous symposia and field guides dealing with Mesozoic biostratigraphy.’
- ‘This site is dated by biostratigraphy to the early Pleistocene, with an estimated age of 1.3 + or - 0.1 Ma.’
- ‘The geologic age of the upper member of the Mal Paso Formation is constrained to the late Albian-early Cenomanian based on its stratigraphic position and biostratigraphy.’
- ‘These chapters are required reading for anyone interested in how rigorous biostratigraphy should be done with any fossil group, not just mammals.’
- ‘The research integrates seismic interpretation, sedimentology and biostratigraphy from previously collected seismic data and piston cores.’
- ‘In many depositional basins, biostratigraphy is a key element in developing play concepts and planning for production wells.’
- ‘During the prolonged debate over the boundary problem, further results on integrated magnetostratigraphy and ammonoid biostratigraphy were published, and additional palaeomagnetic measurements are in progress.’
- ‘The latter itself is too young to denote the original age of the tuff, on the basis of its Early Cambrian biostratigraphy and independent ages for the Early Cambrian elsewhere.’
- ‘The San Juan Member is late Oligocene based upon biostratigraphy and radiometric dating.’
- ‘This should be achieved by independent stratigraphic methods such as magnetostratigraphy or, where possible, marine biostratigraphy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.