One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is increasingly clear that major problems in testing the oceanic model rest in imprecisions of biostratigraphical correlation, particularly between different facies.’
- ‘Their position in the sections was considered as equivalent, judging from biostratigraphical data.’
- ‘However, short stratigraphical gaps and a locally developed cleavage reduce the amount of biostratigraphical information available from certain intervals.’
- ‘Throughout this paper the biozones are denoted using italics because they are considered to be biostratigraphical units, not chronostratigraphical or geochronological units as implied by some Jurassic workers.’
- ‘The local biostratigraphical ranges derived from the various sections have been combined into global ranges through graphic correlation, following the process described in more detail by MacLeod and Shaw.’
- ‘Assigning numerical ages to biostratigraphical datum levels worldwide is a questionable practice because first and last appearances of species are often diachronous across latitudes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.