One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Assigning numerical ages to biostratigraphical datum levels worldwide is a questionable practice because first and last appearances of species are often diachronous across latitudes.’
- ‘However, short stratigraphical gaps and a locally developed cleavage reduce the amount of biostratigraphical information available from certain intervals.’
- ‘Their position in the sections was considered as equivalent, judging from biostratigraphical data.’
- ‘Throughout this paper the biozones are denoted using italics because they are considered to be biostratigraphical units, not chronostratigraphical or geochronological units as implied by some Jurassic workers.’
- ‘The local biostratigraphical ranges derived from the various sections have been combined into global ranges through graphic correlation, following the process described in more detail by MacLeod and Shaw.’
- ‘It is increasingly clear that major problems in testing the oceanic model rest in imprecisions of biostratigraphical correlation, particularly between different facies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.