One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His service as a biostatistician in programming clinical trials for cancer chemotherapy involving veterans hospitals in the eastern United States was unprecedented.’
- ‘Public health careers can include epidemiologist, biostatisticians, and environmental health specialist.’
- ‘At that time, the study's biostatistician used a power analysis to calculate the effect sizes of differences among groups in these 3 outcomes and found that the sizes were extremely small (eg, 0.03 for pain intensity).’
- ‘Validated slides must meet specific performance requirements, which have been set by the Committee in consultation with biostatisticians.’
- ‘The study biostatistician generated the randomisation sequence using the random number generator in Microsoft Excel and created opaque sealed envelopes containing group allocation for participants.’
- ‘To provide a scholarly assessment of the state-of-the-art, biologists, behavioral and social scientists, epidemiologists, and biostatisticians have been commissioned to write background papers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.