One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The study biostatistician generated the randomisation sequence using the random number generator in Microsoft Excel and created opaque sealed envelopes containing group allocation for participants.’
- ‘His service as a biostatistician in programming clinical trials for cancer chemotherapy involving veterans hospitals in the eastern United States was unprecedented.’
- ‘To provide a scholarly assessment of the state-of-the-art, biologists, behavioral and social scientists, epidemiologists, and biostatisticians have been commissioned to write background papers.’
- ‘Public health careers can include epidemiologist, biostatisticians, and environmental health specialist.’
- ‘At that time, the study's biostatistician used a power analysis to calculate the effect sizes of differences among groups in these 3 outcomes and found that the sizes were extremely small (eg, 0.03 for pain intensity).’
- ‘Validated slides must meet specific performance requirements, which have been set by the Committee in consultation with biostatisticians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.