One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most biospheric carbon is already in the oceans anyway, and they can take a good deal more.’
- ‘Smil's unique biospheric narrative, devoid of hype and patriotism, transcends academic apartheid.’
- ‘Trees are necessary to human life not just because they are powerhouses of basic biospheric processes.’
- ‘The observational record from Mauna Lao since the International Geophysical Year in 1957/8 shows an increase, but what is lost in this record is the increased flux sequestered by the ocean and the terrestrial biospheric carbon pools.’
- ‘Earth observing satellites are paving the way to find out if these biospheric responses are going to hold for the future, ‘adds Steve Running, another co-author from the University of Montana.’’
- ‘He analyzed and noted a remarkable homeostasis of atmospheric composition and surface temperature over the past three billion years, and concluded that this could only be attributed to a biospheric regulatory mechanism.’
- ‘If anyone should be indignant, we should be - for failing to force the North to tighten its belt and pay for the biospheric damage it has caused to date.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.