One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the interaction of biological and social factors.
- ‘It encompasses many different perspectives, including the more dominant biological and biosocial theories that are rooted in the behavioural sciences.’
- ‘The goal of this paper is to review the known facts on biosocial interaction effects in relation to antisocial and violent behavior in order to highlight this important yet under researched field.’
- ‘Beyond the necessity for the gametes of two differently sexed individuals - one male and one female - to interact in procreation, human reproduction is an inherently biosocial process in many ways.’
- ‘In the last review of this area, only nine studies could be drawn on to illustrate biosocial interactions.’
- ‘The biosocial group with both sets of risk factors accounted for 70.2% of all violence committed by the entire cohort.’
- ‘We need a biosocial analysis that puts our bodies at the center.’
- ‘These examples of biosocial interactions are unusual in that the psychophysiological variable is the dependent variable.’
- ‘Perper stressed the notion of survival and reproduction in defining biosocial functionality.’
- ‘Based on the anthropological literature, we can say that traditional Swazi society includes a period which we can define as adolescence if we employ Schlegel's biosocial conceptualization.’
- ‘Like many medical anthropologists, 1 have dedicated myself to applying a biosocial or biobehavioral approach to health.’
- ‘By the nineteenth century the natural order of innateness emphasized by Aristotle was transformed into a biosocial principle.’
- ‘Those of us who integrate biological concepts into our work call our perspective a biosocial one, because it is impossible to talk about the biology of behavior without discussing the environment.’
- ‘It was found that the biosocial interaction previously observed holds for violent but not nonviolent criminal offending.’
- ‘Knowledge of such experiences is of diagnostic and therapeutic importance for a more comprehensive understanding of the patient's biosocial context.’
- ‘Later emergence does not exclude biological explanation, but it is crucial to a social or biosocial explanation.’
- ‘As with research on hormones, there is a dearth of empirical data to support or refute a biosocial interaction hypothesis of antisocial and violent behavior with respect to toxins, and further tests of this proposition are required.’
- ‘Girls have more intricate sensory capacities and biosocial aptitudes to decipher exactly what the teacher wants, whereas boys tend to be more anti-authoritarian, competitive, and risk-taking.’
- ‘They present a superficially skewed version of biosocial and theological reality.’
- ‘Taking a biosocial perspective on human reproduction, we examine contributions from biological and cultural anthropology concerning men's reproductive health.’
- ‘A longitudinal design was employed to examine the temporal relationships between variables, and to assess how changes in the biosocial variables are associated with levels of disordered eating and exercise dependence over time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.