One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As for the bioregional movement itself, there are now more than 200 self-proclaimed bioregional organisations in the United States, and several in Central America and Canada as well.’
- ‘We urbanites can forget that bioregional peoples - living intimately with croplands, forests, fisheries, and grasslands - still make up half the planet's population.’
- ‘In the United States, it is easiest to think of watersheds as the defining bioregional unit - the Hudson Valley, for example, where I live, or the Potomoc estuary, or the Kansas River area.’
- ‘Two years ago, I joined Ecotrust, an innovative nonprofit in Portland, Oregon, with the task of extending the rigorous pattern-language approach to the bioregional scale and social complexity of a conservation economy.’
- ‘But some natural processes like the migration of waterfowl are not confined to one particular region; a bioregional history of the Pacific Flyway would encompass much of the western half of North America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.