One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The science of the application of the laws of physics to biological phenomena.
- ‘One of Greenlee's collaborators is Janice Buss, an associate professor of biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology.’
- ‘The MIR research fits into a broader area of expertise that Los Alamos National Laboratory maintains in the field of complex systems modeling in general, and modeling in theoretical biology and biophysics in particular.’
- ‘This article addresses physical processes in the viral life cycle through a quantitative framework based on insights from structural biology, single molecule biophysics, electron microscopy, and solution biochemistry.’
- ‘The course provides training and hands-on experience in experimental design and data analysis, and will also cover some of the necessary background in physics, biology and biophysics.’
- ‘They are the departments of biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology and natural resources and environmental management.’
- ‘Besides vascular biology and biophysics, the methodology developed here may find broader application in other biological and nonbiological areas.’
- ‘It therefore represents a concerted effort of scientists from biophysics, biochemistry, physical chemistry, and bioengineering.’
- ‘An example is provided by molecular biophysics that reduces biological phenomena to a set of algorithms forming a consistent whole into which a biomolecular assembly can fit.’
- ‘Advances in directed evolution and membrane biophysics make the synthesis of simple living cells, if not yet foreseeable reality, an imaginable goal.’
- ‘He held chairs at Berkeley in both mathematics and biophysics being promoted to full professor in 1966.’
- ‘Over the past few years, the fields of membrane biology and biophysics have focused on the role lipids play in membrane organization.’
- ‘He earned academic degrees in physics, biophysics, and nuclear medicine from UCLA.’
- ‘The Consortium consists of more than 40 researchers from all walks of scientific life - cell biology, chemistry, biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics and genetics.’
- ‘The analysis of kinetic signals in terms of exponential processes is pervasive, with numerous applications found in physics, chemistry, biophysics, and medicine.’
- ‘His work utilizes techniques from membrane biophysics and cell and molecular biology.’
- ‘Determining how a protein folds to a stable native structure is a problem of great importance in biophysics, molecular biology, and medicine.’
- ‘He states that these findings have relevance for many areas: materials science, polymer chemistry, biophysics, protein biochemistry, and hematology.’
- ‘Actually, my interest in physics was biophysics, so it's not as big a change as it sounds.’
- ‘Single-molecule biophysics is slowly revolutionizing cell biology by uncovering important information regarding protein function that cannot be obtained from standard bulk experiments.’
- ‘The associate professor in biochemistry, biophysics, and molecular biology takes pride in presenting classes with new information that had not been published the previous year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.