Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A biophysicist deals with the biophysical aspects of these claims, some widely known, some specific to the Czech Republic.’
- ‘The binding of peptides to lipid bilayers is a subject of great interest, from both a biomedical and biophysical standpoint.’
- ‘Because of the small size of the domains, advanced biophysical in vivo techniques are required for their identification and detailed study.’
- ‘In plants, senescence is accompanied by morphological changes and/or alterations in biochemical and biophysical properties of metabolism.’
- ‘Until now the plasma membrane was the prototypical membrane for biophysical studies of lateral protein mobility.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.