Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘biopharming is a potential new industry at the boundary between medicine and food’another term for pharming
- ‘Corn, which is wind pollinated and therefore spreads its traits easily, is the crop of choice for biopharming.’
- ‘Though biopharming is still in the experimental stage, the experiment has already seen twenty corporations and universities conduct more than 315 open-air field trials in undisclosed locations.’
- ‘Last autumn, the issue came to a head when food manufacturers made public their concerns about food crops being used for biopharming.’
- ‘As a result, calls for limits on biopharming are often met with cries of "no way" from farm-state politicians.’
- ‘She notes that the drugs that biopharming promises to deliver can be gotten through other means.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.