Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘These tests use methods widely accepted by biometricians to derive expectations for hypotheses.’
- ‘This was the work of the English natural scientist and biometrician Sir Francis Galton.’
- ‘Furthermore examinations need to be peer reviewed by biometricians specializing in writing and testing.’
- ‘Correlations between relatives were the focus of the biometricians' studies.’
- ‘A biometrician provided assistance in the planning and examination of the plant-industry investigations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.