Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The owner's memory card, uses biometrical data from iris scanners or fingerprint readers.’
- ‘Out of pattern properties, a biometrical identifier is generated for each penguin.’
- ‘His 1915 book showed his fluency with biometrical approaches to genetic problems.’
- ‘His department established a unit of biometrical genetics.’
- ‘The difference in quality may manifest itself indirectly through biometrical characteristics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.