One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the application of statistical analysis to biological data.‘a biometric passport’
- ‘Biometric verification is being used in increasingly varied applications.’
- ‘In the latter case, you need to continually worry about the integrity of the biometric database.’
- ‘Access is through double doors by a biometric handprint reader.’
- ‘The legislation also grants open-ended authority to require biometric information on IDs in the future.’
- ‘Biometric interfaces verify the user's identity by reading his or her retina or fingerprint.’
- ‘NASA is testing a biometric authentication system that works over the Internet.’
- ‘All new U.S. passports must have a biometric chip.’
- ‘Using biometric profiling, it would have been possible to make a precise digital map of his face.’
- ‘Airline associations are already developing biometric identification standards.’
- ‘Opponents also have concerns that biometric devices aren't foolproof, despite scientific claims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.