One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the mechanical laws concerning the movement or structure of living organisms.‘a biomechanical advantage’‘we do a lot of biomechanical analysis of my running’
- ‘It was a biomechanical scanner for his left eye.’
- ‘The technology, usually the cornerstone of sci-fi, is biomechanical rather than metallic.’
- ‘Other authors have examined the biomechanical properties of braided hamstring tendon grafts.’
- ‘The study presented has documented no clear patterns of biomechanical change in human bone with the introduction of agriculture.’
- ‘Occasionally found in some knees, it is a ridge or fold of extraneous soft tissue with no known biomechanical function.’
- ‘Dancers can get fascinated with the biomechanical specificity of their technique, neglecting rhythm and phrasing.’
- ‘The second culprit is a biomechanical form of laziness that keeps the lower back from doing its fair share of the work, and thereby stunts its development.’
- ‘The potential of a new traumatic event is of concern when the biomechanical properties of the healed capsular tissue have been shown to be diminished.’
- ‘This is a stretching and toning system that combines elements of yoga with the biomechanical principles of ballet.’
- ‘The machines had perfectly knitted a biomechanical extension of his nervous system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.