One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The science of the application of mathematics to biology.
- ‘The scope of the symposium: To present to a wide audience research that relates to Kjartan Magnússon's main interests within biomathematics.’
- ‘Most programs training graduate students in biomathematics tend to slight either biology or mathematics.’
- ‘Their main research interests are in probability theory, partial differential equations and biomathematics.’
- ‘Karl Sigmund, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Vienna, is known for his work on biomathematics and game theory.’
- ‘This book on modelling and simulation in biomathematics will be invaluable to researchers who are interested in the emerging areas of the field.’
- ‘At the time of his death he was professor of biomathematics at the University of Colorado.’
- ‘We intend to use parameter estimation techniques for these biomathematics problems.’
- ‘Critical of science's objectification of nature, Smith constructs mechanized assemblages whose structural workings derive from natural laws and principles, such as chaos theory, fractal geometry and biomathematics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.