One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scarier yet, some deep-sea-dwelling, sci-fi-looking breeds of anglerfish, which attract prey by dangling a bioluminescent lure from their foremost dorsal spine, can take down fish their own size in a single gulp.’
- ‘When you reach the Cabo Rojo National Wildlife Refuge, just south of town, mountain-bike a trail network among thousands of migratory birds, then cap it off with a swim in the nearby bioluminescent bay.’
- ‘In a new study, researchers from London inserted the firefly gene that activates bioluminescent light into modified cancer cells, hoping to set off a chain of events that has a proven track record at fighting the disease.’
- ‘Mosquito Bay is one of the last and best of the world's bioluminescent coves, blessed with billions of tiny, delicate dinoflagellates that sparkle like gems at the slightest motion.’
- ‘Exactly 56 minutes after sunset, in the shallows around the Island, the females come to the surface and while swimming in circles, emit their eggs in green bioluminescent clouds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.