Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert in or student of the branch of science concerning living organisms:‘a team of marine biologists’
- ‘He plans to hire a wildlife biologist to help him understand better the dynamics at work.’
- ‘Meanwhile, molecular biologists are unlocking secrets to the genes that control prized traits.’
- ‘All component materials were checked by a building biologist for their environmental friendliness.’
- ‘It employs the largest group of systematic biologists in the world.’
- ‘Normally, biologists use bacteria to grow human proteins.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.