One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organism used as an indicator of the quality of an ecosystem, especially in terms of pollution.
- ‘Such data are necessary in order to explore the function of the HSR in the natural environment and to explore the utility of physiological measures as possible bioindicators.’
- ‘Raptors can play an important role as bioindicators of habitat quality and pollution.’
- ‘Burger and Gochfeld provide a thorough discussion of the utility and limitations of using seabirds as bioindicators of pollutants.’
- ‘In conclusion, it should be emphasized that E. complanata is of value as a freshwater bioindicator of xenobiotic contamination.’
- ‘Read about Bill Baker's research into lichen-rock interface biology or the use of lichens and lichen-feeding moths as bioindicators of air pollution.’
- ‘According to Hoham, the Colgate biologist, snow algae also serve as bioindicators.’
- ‘We will then observe the use of the systems in a prairie plot where the subjects attempt to identify all PrairieWatch bioindicators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.