Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This was the earliest time that CIA had full biographic information on al-Hazmi.’
- ‘The film is not just a narrative on the paintings of Ravi Varma or just a biographic sketch, says the director.’
- ‘But all this is ignored, because, in order to flatten out Potter's work into biographic expressivism, his modernist/formalist innovations have to be downplayed.’
- ‘The biographic cabaret-style show is built around the life and times of one of R & B's greatest talents, set on the heart-breaking Christmas Eve in the 70s when the love of her life tragically passed away.’
- ‘David Lynch's last cinematic outing was The Straight Story which demonstrated an unexpected sensitivity towards biographic detail.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.