Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This paper is the first in a series of studies re-describing echinoderm taxa from these biogeographically important Paleozoic assemblages.’
- ‘Furthermore, trilobite faunas in the Early Cambrian were already differentiated biogeographically.’
- ‘Clearly, raising each unique sequence type to the level of a strain is not biologically informative as each ‘strain’ will map to a terminal branch in a phylogeny and little can be inferred biogeographically or evolutionarily.’
- ‘These taxa are biostratigraphically and biogeographically significant and are discussed more fully below.’
- ‘Through most of the Neogene, tropical America has been biogeographically divided into two surprisingly distinct provinces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.