Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘But because they do not advocate this practice, they review island biogeography and biogeographic principles of reserve design in separate, widely spaced chapters.’
- ‘This ancestral biogeographic distribution encompassed a much broader range, comprising Siberia and southern Europe-northern Africa.’
- ‘There are a variety of phylogenetic biogeographic methods.’
- ‘Williams et al. compare the biogeographic signal in mitochondrial and nuclear DNA sequences in Indo-West Pacific starfish and snapping shrimp.’
- ‘Second, the results of standard cladistic biogeographic analyses, which may combine groups of different ages, cannot be unambiguously attributed to any particular cause.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.