One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘The changes [in ocean acidity] aren't huge,’ said John Guinotte, a marine biogeographer at the Marine Conservation Biology Institute in Bellevue, Washington.’
- ‘Artists, photographers, filmmakers, kids doing nature study, biogeographers, conservation biologists, and activists, as well as taxonomists, shuffle through them for the sake of beauty, curiosity, and amazement.’
- ‘The objective is to bring ecologists, paleontologists, geneticists, biogeographers, and others together to think ambitiously and work on evolutionary problems on a broad scale.’
- ‘Most cladistic biogeographers have not been so explicit but have nevertheless implicitly assumed that correspondence to a general pattern implies that individual lineages existed at the same time.’
- ‘A phenomenon which fascinated Wallace, and has occupied generations of biogeographers ever since, is the sudden change in flora and fauna that occurs in the twenty-mile wide channel between the small islands of Bali and Lombok.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.