One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A phenomenon which fascinated Wallace, and has occupied generations of biogeographers ever since, is the sudden change in flora and fauna that occurs in the twenty-mile wide channel between the small islands of Bali and Lombok.’
- ‘‘The changes [in ocean acidity] aren't huge,’ said John Guinotte, a marine biogeographer at the Marine Conservation Biology Institute in Bellevue, Washington.’
- ‘Most cladistic biogeographers have not been so explicit but have nevertheless implicitly assumed that correspondence to a general pattern implies that individual lineages existed at the same time.’
- ‘The objective is to bring ecologists, paleontologists, geneticists, biogeographers, and others together to think ambitiously and work on evolutionary problems on a broad scale.’
- ‘Artists, photographers, filmmakers, kids doing nature study, biogeographers, conservation biologists, and activists, as well as taxonomists, shuffle through them for the sake of beauty, curiosity, and amazement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.