One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because interactions of hydrology, geomorphology, and biology greatly complicate nitrogen cycling in estuaries, a complete understanding of the biogeochemistry of nitrogen in estuaries is lacking.’
- ‘Chapter Twelve, by Phillipe Van Cappellen discusses global biogeochemical cycles; as the author says, the chapter introduces concepts of these cycles and concludes with a discussion of the carbon cycle, central to biogeochemistry.’
- ‘Up front, the authors acknowledge the importance of ‘the emergence of biogeochemistry,’ taking this to indicate that distinctions are ‘melting away’ between biological, chemical, and earth sciences.’
- ‘It is biogeochemistry that lends substance to the hypothesis that Ediacaran and Cambrian faunas are separated by mass extinction.’
- ‘Fine roots are an important source and sink for nutrients in terrestrial biogeochemistry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.