Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘the advent of biogenerics could cause biotech companies to withhold more information about their products’another term for biosimilar‘biogeneric versions of off-patent medicines’
- ‘If competing firms are permitted to manufacture them, biogeneric versions of the off-patent medicines could command $5 billion next year.’
- ‘The FDA has been trying to get its regulatory head around the issue of biogeneric equivalency, but it isn't easy.’
- ‘Rules in the U.S. are still unclear, making it difficult for companies to win approval to market biogenerics there.’
- ‘At the same time that Amgen is getting ready to launch its own biosimilars, Amgen and other biotechs are campaigning state governments to make it harder to substitute a biogeneric for a brand.’
- ‘"You get one crack at it," said Robert Coughlin, president of the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, speaking of the task of drawing up a licensing system for "biogenerics."’
- ‘Large growth is expected to come on the back of increased partnering activity, transition to product-driven models, growth in the biogenerics market and government initiatives to encourage investment and expansion.’
- ‘"I feel that a value of $1 billion is reasonable for a proven technological platform in the generics sector, especially in biogenerics, which currently very much interests the major firms."’
- ‘Some biotech drug manufacturers are lobbying state legislators to restrict access to biosimilar (or biogeneric) versions of expensive brand medications, the Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) said today.’
- ‘CCPM coalition members urged Congress to fix or drop the current biogenerics provision.’
1990s: from bio- + generic.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.