One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gaseous fuel, especially methane, produced by the fermentation of organic matter.
- ‘The hydrogen sulfide in biogas is also hazardous.’
- ‘India has to develop energy based on gas, coal, bio-mass, biogas, water and non-conventional sources, depending on the availability and feasibility.’
- ‘Substituting LPG with more efficient and cheaper fuels such as biogas of firewood can minimise the escalating costs.’
- ‘But India's government may not have a choice but to keep pushing for the wider use of biogas and other alternative fuels.’
- ‘The issue is not what they use - fuel wood, agricultural waste, biogas, or something else - but that it should be available in quantities that make a difference to their lives.’
- ‘Some cleaning is also required but digesters exist that produce sufficiently clean biogas for conventional engine cogenerators, as well as a high grade compost for agricultural purposes.’
- ‘From an engineering perspective, the plant is well designed, incorporating features to minimize maintenance and even generate revenue through production of biogas and fertilizer.’
- ‘The colossal amount of animal manure produced will be used for generating biogas and as fertiliser.’
- ‘Another wildlife biologist, Wijeyamohan of the University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, designed a system to produce biogas from elephant waste for use as a cooking fuel.’
- ‘Another creative idea of the time saw 80 council vehicles powered by biogas produced at the Christchurch sewage plant.’
- ‘It was found that they successfully exploited solar energy, developed large-scale integrated utilisation of biogas, and brought in better kinds of stoves that led to saving of energy.’
- ‘Living in eastern Canada, Tave van Zyl is used to very cold winters, which sparked her interest in renewable sources of heat - specifically methane, or biogas.’
- ‘Using our technology in exploiting biogas will improve production by 60 per cent from the same quantity of material.’
- ‘Across the country, farm manure and kitchen garbage are delivered to biogas plants that produce uniform fertilizer and a methane fuel burned cleanly at power plants.’
- ‘These digesters help prevent deforestation, since biogas rather than wood is used for cooking.’
- ‘Utilization of manure implies providing an economic return from manure by use of its nutrient elements as a fertilizer or by converting it to biogas or compost that may increase its value, or by combustion to convert it to heat.’
- ‘These include groundwater heat pumps, fuel cells, solar thermal and photovoltaic panels, new fuels such as hydrogen, biomass, biogas, or bio-oil, and shared energy storage systems.’
- ‘The schools will soon have new and better-ventilated structures for cooking the meals, where the fire will be fueled by…… biogas, from new toilets.’
- ‘A good CNG infrastructure is available in several other markets already today and the environmental benefits with CNG, including biogas as a renewable methane source, are a strong argument for using methane products, ie CNG and biogas.’
- ‘Several cities, including the Austrian city of Graz, have already made the move to either biodiesel or biogas public transportation systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.