One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A process whereby electronic monitoring of a normally automatic bodily function is used to train someone to acquire voluntary control of that function.
- ‘Relaxation training paired with thermal biofeedback is effective in tension and migraine headache treatment.’
- ‘Urge incontinence is commonly treated with medications, biofeedback or electrical stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder.’
- ‘Nontraditional therapies such as acupuncture, biofeedback, and relaxation training may be used alone or in combination whenever appropriate.’
- ‘Burgio and colleagues compared the effectiveness of behavior training with and without biofeedback in the treatment of urge urinary incontinence in older women.’
- ‘Lamaze classes aid in preparation; hypnosis, acupuncture, and biofeedback are also used.’
- ‘Music, massage, imagery, progressive muscle relaxation, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch are a few examples.’
- ‘Other forms of incontinence benefit from pelvic floor exercise monitored by biofeedback.’
- ‘Then I was instructed to inhibit this behaviour by electromyographic biofeedback.’
- ‘Relaxation therapy, biofeedback, and cognitive therapy are likely to be useful in selected patients who have confidence in these approaches.’
- ‘As a result, the patient may attempt to function without biofeedback or may rely primarily on pharmacologic interventions.’
- ‘If anxiety is felt to be the predominant cause, consider referring her to mental health services for cognitive behaviour therapy or biofeedback.’
- ‘Randomized controlled trial of biofeedback for fecal incontinence.’
- ‘The results of this study support the efficacy of EEG biofeedback training in an inpatient drug treatment program.’
- ‘Counseling, stress management, and behavior therapies such as biofeedback should be strongly considered.’
- ‘In terms of BFRT however, not all types of biofeedback have had successful effects with asthma control.’
- ‘One study evaluated paced respiration, muscle relaxation, or biofeedback control in 33 menopausal women with frequent hot flashes.’
- ‘You can receive biofeedback training in physical therapy clinics, medical centers and hospitals.’
- ‘The heart rate monitor will give you biofeedback as good as a laboratory, allowing you to train smarter rather than longer or harder’
- ‘Some are investigating alternative therapies, such as acupuncture or biofeedback.’
- ‘You may also want to try massage therapy, acupuncture or biofeedback.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.