One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The ethics of medical and biological research.
- ‘The articles are a smattering of bioethics and bioengineering, astronomy, epidemiology, and environmental issues.’
- ‘This has led to productive dialogue between (for example) medical sociology, bioethics, and the medical humanities.’
- ‘Elliott intertwines his discussion of enhancement technologies with an examination of important issues in bioethics and philosophy.’
- ‘Later programs will be involved with medicine and bioethics, with art and culture, and with our history.’
- ‘Members of this group have expertise in clinical medicine, research, journalism, bioethics, law, or medical editing.’
- ‘Among the warnings voiced at the conference was one by Xu Zhi-Wei, a professor of molecular biology, medicine and bioethics.’
- ‘So far you've heard from Boyer Lecturers in the areas of the law, of philosophy, of population and social change, and of medicine and bioethics.’
- ‘Most respondents regarded the bioethics law as a cause of the recent decrease of autopsy rate.’
- ‘In their eyes, the destiny of bioethicists is to sit on bioethics committees and set public policy.’
- ‘Later programs will deal with population and social change, with medical research and bioethics, with art and culture, and with our history.’
- ‘The recent discipline of bioethics has grown up largely outside medicine and has developed principles of its own.’
- ‘What issues belong at the top of the agenda in bioethics?’
- ‘So, for anyone out there sceptical about the relevance of bioethics, these two books demonstrate the wide scope of ethical considerations in medicine.’
- ‘The ends of human life: bioethics in a liberal polity.’
- ‘Even more troubling, though, is the indifference the council has shown to what neuroscience tells us about bioethics itself.’
- ‘Understanding and utilizing the principles of bioethics will enable nurses to do just that.’
- ‘In France, the 1994 bioethics law requires physicians to inform relatives before performing an autopsy.’
- ‘A narrow clinical bioethics cannot address these larger social issues.’
- ‘Even in bioethics, the trend is toward procedure rather than substance.’
- ‘However, the very name of the council suggests that it is supposed to have an expansive agenda encompassing issues in bioethics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.