Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Similarly, bioethical issues needed more analysis as they are emerging as major conflicts in research particularly in pharmaceutical and genetic research.’
- ‘According to presidential executive order 13237, ‘the Council shall advise the President on bioethical issues that may emerge as a consequence of advances in biomedical science and technology.’’
- ‘As health care changes come into play in our society, bioethical needs, decisions, and guidelines will change to meet the new requirements of the societal ambience.’
- ‘Although this study did not focus on perioperative bioethical dilemmas, the results provide a framework to analyze issues perioperative nurses face.’
- ‘Clearly, we are moving into an era of increasingly complicated bioethical issues.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.