One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ethanol produced from plants such as sugar cane or maize, used as an alternative to petrol.
- ‘In addition, bioethanol is not a new stuff for Indonesians.’
- ‘Duty on bio-ethanol, a petrol substitute made from crops, will be reduced by 20p a litre from January 1 2005.’
- ‘So biofuels, including bioethanol from sugar beet, could help to reduce our dependency on oil.’
- ‘The demand for bioethanol could have a huge impact on the grain market.’
- ‘Some of us are already filling up with petrol containing five per cent bioethanol.’
- ‘With all the advantages stated above, the use of bioethanol seems more pressing.’
- ‘There are two types of biofuel: biodiesel made from plant oils and bioethanol made by fermenting grains.’
- ‘Jackson said existing bio-ethanol resulted in a 16% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.’
- ‘The petrol is blended with 5% bioethanol, a renewable fuel which shouldn't affect engine performance.’
- ‘One tonne of dried waste can yield around 400 litres of bioethanol.’
- ‘Elsewhere there's excitable talk of hydrogen, bioethanol, fuel cells, hybrids.’
- ‘The rejoicing thing is that bioethanol for fuel is duty free.’
- ‘The algae can then be processed into biodiesel and bioethanol, sold at a profit, and used as transport fuel.’
- ‘Biodiesel is arguably the more environmentally friendly alternative to bioethanol, providing for comparatively more efficient cleaner engines than ethanol powered gasoline engines.’
- ‘An electronic device that claims to allow petrol cars to run on 100% bioethanol could speed the introduction of biofuels on forecourts.’
- ‘The perfect burning is due to octane number bioethanol is higher than gasoline.’
- ‘As well as conventional petrol it can run on bioethanol, methanol or any combination of the three.’
- ‘This plant will produce up to 70 million litres of bioethanol each year when it is up and running.’
- ‘However, now that flexi cars or flexible cars appear, either 100% bioethanol or 100% premium can be used.’
- ‘The amount of raw material to make bioethanol or biofuel keep increasing day by day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.