One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb & noun
- ‘Throughout Europe and Asia, a growing number of scientists, elected officials, and activists have sounded the alarm over bioengineered agriculture.’
- ‘According to the USDA, 80 percent of soybeans grown in the United States are now genetically modified; 34 percent of the corn grown here is bioengineered.’
- ‘The company's bioengineers have genetically inserted into these seeds a protein that acts as a pesticide, killing bugs that feed on corn plants.’
- ‘Many of us are no longer surprised at just about anything we read explaining the achievements of contemporary bioengineers; milestones are actualized with precipitous frequency.’
- ‘Now tapping government research to make four bioengineered products, including epidermal growth factor for healing wounds and a potential drug for dissolving clots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.