One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The variety of plant and animal life in the world or in a particular habitat, a high level of which is usually considered to be important and desirable.
- ‘The event has been organised to raise funds to improve the wildlife habitat and biodiversity of the River Lune.’
- ‘After only six months, crop production, biodiversity, soil fertility and soil quality all improved.’
- ‘And what was the impact in each case on biodiversity and wildlife in the fields.’
- ‘To discover the patterns of biodiversity, information on biodiversity has to be collected.’
- ‘A symposium on plant biology and biodiversity in changing environment was also organised.’
- ‘It's natural decline in the habitat that's supported that kind of biodiversity.’
- ‘We must work to increase and protect biodiversity on all levels, in our backyards as well as our bioregions.’
- ‘The area is identified as an important hotspot of biodiversity and management of the protected area.’
- ‘Australia, like all countries on earth is defined by its biodiversity.’
- ‘Their reports help shape the legislation that help preserve biodiversity.’
- ‘Is the destruction of animal habitats and the natural high levels of biodiversity worth it?’
- ‘The region is known for its rich plant biodiversity which is a unique source of novel molecules.’
- ‘Valuing a loss of biodiversity is more difficult because markets for its preservation are either missing or incomplete.’
- ‘Will the water and soils and biodiversity cope with this level of forestry?’
- ‘A description of one of the prime threats to wild plant biodiversity in the UK.’
- ‘The net effect of slashing and burning on biodiversity is difficult to evaluate.’
- ‘To detect changes in biodiversity there has to be a way to measure it.’
- ‘So they would have to buy the right to develop by conserving or restoring areas for biodiversity in other places.’
- ‘And lots of times the areas are of a great deal of significance for biodiversity.’
- ‘So how significant are cloud forests in terms of biodiversity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.