One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The variety of plant and animal life in the world or in a particular habitat, a high level of which is usually considered to be important and desirable.
- ‘We must work to increase and protect biodiversity on all levels, in our backyards as well as our bioregions.’
- ‘To discover the patterns of biodiversity, information on biodiversity has to be collected.’
- ‘The event has been organised to raise funds to improve the wildlife habitat and biodiversity of the River Lune.’
- ‘Is the destruction of animal habitats and the natural high levels of biodiversity worth it?’
- ‘The region is known for its rich plant biodiversity which is a unique source of novel molecules.’
- ‘The area is identified as an important hotspot of biodiversity and management of the protected area.’
- ‘And lots of times the areas are of a great deal of significance for biodiversity.’
- ‘The net effect of slashing and burning on biodiversity is difficult to evaluate.’
- ‘To detect changes in biodiversity there has to be a way to measure it.’
- ‘So how significant are cloud forests in terms of biodiversity.’
- ‘Australia, like all countries on earth is defined by its biodiversity.’
- ‘Valuing a loss of biodiversity is more difficult because markets for its preservation are either missing or incomplete.’
- ‘A symposium on plant biology and biodiversity in changing environment was also organised.’
- ‘After only six months, crop production, biodiversity, soil fertility and soil quality all improved.’
- ‘A description of one of the prime threats to wild plant biodiversity in the UK.’
- ‘Will the water and soils and biodiversity cope with this level of forestry?’
- ‘And what was the impact in each case on biodiversity and wildlife in the fields.’
- ‘Their reports help shape the legislation that help preserve biodiversity.’
- ‘It's natural decline in the habitat that's supported that kind of biodiversity.’
- ‘So they would have to buy the right to develop by conserving or restoring areas for biodiversity in other places.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.