One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A biofuel intended as a substitute for diesel.
- ‘All the government has to do is write a law saying that all diesel has to contain bio-diesel, and that in five years all cars have to be hybrids.’
- ‘Algae farms would let us supply enough bio-diesel to completely replace petroleum as a transportation fuel.’
- ‘Another interesting aspect to this issue is the desire by many in Australia to address this themselves by producing an alternative form of diesel fuel known as bio-diesel.’
- ‘He hopes to use waste from local chip shops, which they have to pay to dispose of, to make bio-diesel, a fuel already widely used in Germany.’
- ‘Complete replacement of petroleum and diesel with bio-diesel reduces carbon dioxide and sulphur emissions by 78 and 100 per cent respectively.’
- ‘Buses now can run on environmentally-friendly fuels - LPG, bio-diesel or battery stored electricity with current technology - with the option of hydrogen in the near future.’
- ‘The plant, which could have been up and running within 12 months, would have produced 44,000 tonnes of bio-diesel a year and would have cost up to €20 million to develop.’
- ‘I stress that this bio-diesel can be put in any diesel vehicle, without any adjustment of any kind to the motor.’
- ‘Will Lismore City Council's diesel vehicles be running on locally manufactured bio-diesel, creating local jobs, as an alternative to being dependent on the fuel prices charged by oil multinationals?’
- ‘The Energy Ministry will also be launching a campaign to promote the wider public use of alternative energy sources such as gasohol and bio-diesel.’
- ‘But whenever I try to get help to produce bio-diesel profitably, I'm knocked back by bureaucracy.’
- ‘This goes into producing bio-diesel which is available from some petrol stations in the region in a five per cent bio-diesel / 95 per cent fossil diesel mix.’
- ‘Greg is interested in turning waste cooking oil into bio-diesel that can be used in diesel vehicles here in Alice Springs.’
- ‘Railway Minister Nitish Kumar said that the Indian Railways is planning to use a blend of five percent bio-diesel in the diesel derived from crude oil and gradually increase the share of bio-fuel to 20 percent as its supply increases.’
- ‘The unit is to be established following the successful technology demonstration on the production of bio-diesel from non-edible vegetable oils through a pilot plant established at a cost of Rs.2 lakhs at Vembakottai.’
- ‘The engines were able to run with bio-diesel the same as petroleum diesel.’
- ‘Drivers there don't actually pour sunflower seeds into gas tanks, but they do use a mixture of vegetable oil and petroleum diesel, called bio-diesel, to power the entire diesel fleet at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center.’
- ‘A Japanese scientist has unveiled the latest technology to produce ethanol and bio-diesel to help replace the use of fossil fuels in the near future.’
- ‘A reduction in the duty rate by 20 pc on bio-diesel, which is produced by farmers' oilseed rape, while a breakthrough is not as much as the NFU had hoped.’
- ‘Southwark Council is the first authority in London to run its fleet of diesel vans on 20 per cent bio-diesel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.