Defensive measures taken to protect against an attack using biological weapons.‘senators say that the government should spend $1.6 billion next year to bolster public health and biodefence’
- ‘The area of biodefence that troubles me the most is that related to threat assessment, which involves experiments to characterise possible future threats, so that we can develop defences against them.’
- ‘So it's given biodefence a greater priority, spending billions more dollars a year.’
- ‘The country is the world's biggest investor in "biodefence".’
- ‘We wanted to talk to the government about other unclassified work it's doing on biodefence, but no-one was prepared to be interviewed.’
- ‘"Investment in biodefence may look like a screen for the development of weapons that are intended for offensive use," it said.’
- ‘It should strengthen clinical competence, public debate, clarity of policy, and support for clinicians, microbiologists, public health professionals, and emergency planners working to secure civilian biodefence.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.