One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The conversion of one chemical compound, or one form of energy, into another by living organisms.
- ‘One of our objectives is to identify as many as possible proteins involved in the anaerobic bioconversion of glycerol.’
- ‘The bioconversion to scopolamine was highest when 100 mg l - 1 hyoscyamine was used.’
- ‘For instance, industrial bioconversion processes require high-density, heterogeneous catalysts, permitting high activities over extended time periods while tolerating a range of operating conditions.’
- ‘Using microorganisms for bioconversion of agricultural commodities to high-value products offers the potential for increased income to farmers.’
- ‘The scientists' approach is called bioconversion, a process that uses certain microorganisms or enzymes to reposition groups of hydroxy fatty acids on chains of carbon in vegetable oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.