One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The conversion of one chemical compound, or one form of energy, into another by living organisms.
- ‘One of our objectives is to identify as many as possible proteins involved in the anaerobic bioconversion of glycerol.’
- ‘The scientists' approach is called bioconversion, a process that uses certain microorganisms or enzymes to reposition groups of hydroxy fatty acids on chains of carbon in vegetable oils.’
- ‘The bioconversion to scopolamine was highest when 100 mg l - 1 hyoscyamine was used.’
- ‘Using microorganisms for bioconversion of agricultural commodities to high-value products offers the potential for increased income to farmers.’
- ‘For instance, industrial bioconversion processes require high-density, heterogeneous catalysts, permitting high activities over extended time periods while tolerating a range of operating conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.