One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the interrelation of climate and the activities and distribution of living organisms.
- ‘In awarding him the 1999 Auguste Perret Prize, the International Union of Architects said, ‘Ken Yeang pioneered the application of bioclimatic principles to the highrise building as a new genre of the skyscraper typology.’’
- ‘That area is representative of the black spruce-moss bioclimatic domain, with gently rolling terrain composed of 4 to 5% slopes.’
- ‘In much of the North American literature, ‘polar desert’ refers to a vegetation type rather than a bioclimatic zone, i.e., to barren areas.’
- ‘The extent of predation on nests of bee-eaters is particularly significant in light of bioclimatic models that predict a rapidly increasing distribution of cane toads in Australia.’
- ‘Sites were selected randomly beforehand using the results of the winter pasture inventory, and they cover the different bioclimatic vegetation zones evenly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.