Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It is tolerant of a wide range of environmental conditions and surface coating types including biocidal antifouling paints and non-toxic foul-release coatings.’
- ‘Antec recommends that the broad spectrum biocidal disinfectant cleanser Virkon S, specially developed for equine use, should be used in a total disinfection regime.’
- ‘Although biocidal compounds derive from a variety of chemical classes, the final resulting damage may show considerable similarity.’
- ‘Directive of the European Parliament and Council of 16 February 1998 concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.’
- ‘Some of the high-tech tools now in the works include wall paints that kill bacteria, sports clothing that kills bacteria and eliminates odors, biocidal toothbrushes, and a robot that will clean up after you!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.