Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert in or student of the branch of science concerning the chemical processes occuring within living organisms.‘a new study by biochemists at Iowa State University’
- ‘Engineers can suggest to biochemists how to manipulate DNA to construct original genetic networks to do specific tasks.’
- ‘He is a respected biochemist recognized for his work in molecular biology.’
- ‘He's a protein biochemist, creating substances that may bind to a protein and stop cancers from growing.’
- ‘My dad had just come from a key meeting with a prominent biochemist at Cal Tech.’
- ‘He plays an alleged biochemist who comes up with a miracle drug, more or less by finding it under a leaf.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.