Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘And at that point he will have conceded the core truth of the biocentrist and wise anthropocentrist position.’
- ‘Lanza proposes a biocentrist theory which ascribes the answer to the observer rather than the observed.’
- ‘Yet biocentrists or ecocentrists may demand more caution, because of the wider range of ethics.’
- ‘Left biocentrists are concerned with social justice and class issues, but within a context of ecology.’
- ‘I have a similar problem with a fully biocentrist attitude to the ‘human’ world.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.