One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The proportion of a drug or other substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect.
- ‘These parameters are influenced by the plasma clearance, volume of distribution and bioavailability of the drug.’
- ‘Clinicians and patients should beware of possible reductions in systemic bioavailability of conventional drugs when taken concomitantly with St John's wort.’
- ‘Systemic bioavailability secondary to lung bioavailability definitely occurs, but the contribution is insignificant.’
- ‘These effects may profoundly affect the oral bioavailability of drugs.’
- ‘Chapter sixteen has been written from the viewpoint of establishing bioavailability and bioequivalence of drugs and formulations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.