One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The proportion of a drug or other substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect.
- ‘These parameters are influenced by the plasma clearance, volume of distribution and bioavailability of the drug.’
- ‘Systemic bioavailability secondary to lung bioavailability definitely occurs, but the contribution is insignificant.’
- ‘Chapter sixteen has been written from the viewpoint of establishing bioavailability and bioequivalence of drugs and formulations.’
- ‘Clinicians and patients should beware of possible reductions in systemic bioavailability of conventional drugs when taken concomitantly with St John's wort.’
- ‘These effects may profoundly affect the oral bioavailability of drugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.