Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of bones and other biological materials found in archaeological remains in order to provide information about human life or the environment in the past.‘he recommended that the skeletons be reinterred after being studied by experts in bioarchaeology’
- ‘Bioarchaeology is beginning to fill in the details of the historical record, offering specifics about how food sources changed.’
- ‘Martin Jones has been at the forefront of bioarchaeology as the subject has matured in the 1980s and 1990s.’
- ‘DNA analysis in bioarchaeology is still in its infancy, but promises to be a powerful tool for identification of population history.’
- ‘Complementing the historical data are the resources of archaeology and my own specialty, bioarchaeology.’
- ‘This book offers for the first time a global perspective on the bioarchaeology of the transition to agriculture.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.