One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adhesive substance produced by or obtained from living organisms, or used on living tissue.‘there is a significant need for a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical procedures’
- ‘This is going to need stitches but I can do the rest with bioadhesive.’
- ‘All marine bioadhesives characterized thus far are rich in such polar residues.’
- ‘As well, the porous nature of the exudate allows for the wound to breathe, a desirable characteristic of a bioadhesive.’
- ‘J. Herbert Waite, of the University of Delaware in Lewes reported on the role of marine bioadhesives and their tantalizing spectrum of potential technical applications.’
- ‘At the moment, there is a significant need of a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical procedures.’
Having the properties of a bioadhesive.‘bioadhesive polymers’
- ‘In other words, chitosan is bioadhesive and readily binds to negatively charged surfaces such as mucosal membranes.’
- ‘We found that the daily bioadhesive buccal tablet achieved the same efficacy as the gel, but required one-tenth as much miconazole, and could be given on a much more convenient schedule.’
- ‘A bioadhesive tablet containing the antifungal drug miconazole is an effective and convenient means of treating oropharyngeal candidiasis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.