One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A baby's dummy.‘Daniel lay in his carriage, happily sucking a binky’
- ‘For months I have had to put the binky back in her mouth.’
- ‘In the past I could lift his toddler bed in the dark, with one hand, without my glasses and find the binky in seconds.’
- ‘When it was getting close to nap time, she grabbed her binkie, climbed into mom's lap, and put her head on her chest.’
- ‘If they are unhappy they are given a pacifier or binky, not a dummy.’
- ‘Just yesterday he was laying on the living room floor with his binky in his mouth, clutching his stuffed animal.’
- ‘"My child will never have a binky after age TWO!"’
- ‘It got really hard to convince myself that letting him keep his binky was easier than getting rid of it.’
- ‘I was going to raise my baby without binkies, bouncy seats, or manmade beverages.’
- ‘I've been blaming the Internet for my inability to take the binky away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.