One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A baby's dummy.‘Daniel lay in his carriage, happily sucking a binky’
- ‘I've been blaming the Internet for my inability to take the binky away.’
- ‘For months I have had to put the binky back in her mouth.’
- ‘It got really hard to convince myself that letting him keep his binky was easier than getting rid of it.’
- ‘Just yesterday he was laying on the living room floor with his binky in his mouth, clutching his stuffed animal.’
- ‘In the past I could lift his toddler bed in the dark, with one hand, without my glasses and find the binky in seconds.’
- ‘"My child will never have a binky after age TWO!"’
- ‘I was going to raise my baby without binkies, bouncy seats, or manmade beverages.’
- ‘If they are unhappy they are given a pacifier or binky, not a dummy.’
- ‘When it was getting close to nap time, she grabbed her binkie, climbed into mom's lap, and put her head on her chest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.