One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of watching multiple episodes of a television programme in rapid succession, typically by means of DVDs or digital streaming.‘people who watch television online say they regularly indulge in binge watching’
- ‘All eight episodes of each series will be posted online all at once for binge watching.’
- ‘It was supposed to be spectacular, appointment TV in this era of DVRs and binge watching.’
- ‘Before you start planning your summer binge viewing, find out when your favorite broadcast shows are ending.’
- ‘Netflix plans to stream the series once it airs on TV, which means there's going to be a ton of binge-watching.’
- ‘'Tis the season for TV binge-watching.’
- ‘He is primarily focused on nabbing viewers aged 15-to-25 years, a demographic especially prone to on-demand, binge-viewing.’
- ‘Has binge watching changed the way we live our lives?’
- ‘Analysts say the move will help the BBC meet modern demands for binge viewing.’
- ‘A lower episode count encourages binge-watching.’
- ‘Does seven episodes in a row count as binge watching?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.