Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The gluttonous binge-viewer gets the full sense of the comedic crescendo to which these episodes build.’
- ‘I've been a dutiful binge-watcher of great TV shows.’
- ‘The binge-viewers were out in force; data showed about 10% of viewers made it through all 15 episodes.’
- ‘51% of binge-watchers like to indulge with at least one other person.’
- ‘My husband is more of a binge-watcher than I am; I like to eke out the experience a bit.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.